Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Engagement Photos












So far, the highlights of our wedding planning experience have been:
1. "Trying out" the playlist in the living room in our jammies,
2. Baking cakes with my mom to "sample" everything,
3. Running around San Francisco for our engagement photos.

Now, I don't know if y'all have heard of the incredibly talented Emily Perello of Emily Takes Photos. But lemme tell ya, she's amazing. A-MA-zing. Neither E or myself is particularly photogenic (before this, most of our photos involved tongues sticking out and/ or crossed eyes) but Emily somehow worked with it. She captured our goofy side. Our sentimental side. Our wannabe-cool side. Our classic, sappy, "Let's-show-this-one-to-the-future-kids" side.

Words, obviously, fail me here. But for those of you who DON'T know me, and thought maybe we were some super-camera-friendly couple, let me assure you, that is not the case. I myself have a hard time "trusting" photo shoots because I just think, "Well, yeah, they're a gorgeous couple, and they're comfortable with a camera in their face."

But then I saw ours. We are NOT that couple. We are both significantly more comfortable BEHIND the lens than in front of it.

So, that's the disclaimer. But here's Emily, convincing you otherwise, proving that (somehow!) she can pull out the best of what's in us, while still letting the photos reflect who we really, truly are. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment